Students approved to study away by the Faculty Study Away Committee (FSAC) are considered full-time Connecticut College students and are charged the College's comprehensive fee, regardless of the program costs and whether or not it is run by the College (like SATA programs) or by another academic institution.

Students will …

  • Maintain their status as full-time enrolled students at Connecticut College.
  • Retain course registration priority, as established for their Class Year.
  • Retain housing priority status for the CC Housing Lottery.
  • Receive faculty pre-approval for proposed coursework.
  • Have access, while on campus and away, to their academic adviser, class dean, and the services offered by the Office of Study Away.
  • Receive credit and grades for study away coursework, which will be posted to student’s official CC transcript by the Office of the Registrar.

Students who are covered by the College’s student health insurance plan will receive coverage, both international and domestic, during their semester away.

Students are responsible for paying the application fees, as well as acceptance deposits, directly to their selected programs. Any acceptance deposits will be credited to the student’s CC account.

Students are also responsible for all costs not expressly included in the fee, such as airfare, commuting costs, passports and visa fees, immunizations, medical fees, books, laundry, postage, telephone calls, entertainment, etc.

The College will pay the study away program providers directly for the student’s study away tuition, room and board.

If the student’s program does not offer a meal plan or only offers a partial plan, the College will credit the student’s CC account according to estimates provided by program providers. Students must notify the Office of Study Away upon securing their housing/meal plans and forward any related paperwork or invoices to the Office of Study Away.

Students will continue to receive their financial aid while studying away. To ensure continued support, students receiving financial aid must make the necessary arrangements, including the completion of the CC Consortium/Contractual Agreement, through Financial Aid Services upon acceptance into their program.

Qualified students can find program-specific, merit-based scholarship opportunities through their study away provider's website.