Student Experience in Behavioral Neuroscience
As can be seen throughout this site, in words and images, our neuroscience students have a multitude of enriching experiences, in and outside the classroom.
- Hands-on research, and co-presenting, with faculty
- Summer independent science research opportunities
- Kids Judge! Neuroscience Fair, annual fall semester fair sponsored by Professor Schroeder's Behavioral Neuroscience class. Students design brain-related activities for area elementary school students, including crafts, games, and "brain related" demonstrations.
- Brain Awareness Week, one week in March designated by the Society for Neuroscience and the Dana Foundation as Brain Awareness Week, an international effort to increase the public's knowledge and appreciation for the brain. Our activities include presentations at area schools, including North Stonington Elementary School and Bennie Dover Jackson Middle School.
- Participating in the Northeast Undergraduate Research Organization for Neuroscience (NEURON) meeting held each spring at Hunter College in NYC.
- Attending the annual meeting of the Society for Neuroscience.
Email Joseph Schroeder, firstname.lastname@example.org
Joseph Schroeder, Director
Behavioral Neuroscience Program
270 Mohegan Avenue
New London, CT 06320-4196