Dance Audition Information
The dance major auditions for high school seniors will be held on Monday, October 14, 2013, and Monday, November 11, 2013, in the dance department, which is located in the College Center at Crozier-Williams. Parents are invited and encouraged to attend the information and the wrap-up sessions with prospective students.
Please call us at 860-439-2830 or email email@example.com to schedule an audition and to receive more information.
This is a sample of what prospective students can expect on our audition days:
- Dress for class. Students should wear fitted dance wear, ballet slippers, and also be prepared to dance barefoot.
- Warm up on your own in the 2nd floor studio or the 3rd floor Dance Lounge
- Information session will be held by members of the faculty in the Dance Lounge.
- Audition class consists of a ballet barre and center, a modern and Afro-Caribbean phrase and a short improvisation in the 3rd floor Myers Studio.
- Presentation of solo pieces. Please prepare a short piece, or part of a piece, 1 1/2-2 minutes long in any style you like. It can be either your own composition or someone else's choreography. A CD and mp3 player will be provided for your use. It's always a good idea to bring a backup.
Immediately following the showing of solos, the faculty will be available to answer any questions. We would also be happy to put you in touch with a current dance major to provide you with insights from a student perspective.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the dance department at 860-439-2830.
We look forward to meeting you!
Professor of Dance
Department of Dance
270 Mohegan Avenue
New London, CT 06320-4196