Honors/Independent Study

As a Gender and Women's Studies major, in your senior year you can:

Here's how to go about it:

  • Maintain a 3.5 average in your major courses for the sophomore and junior years
  • Request permission of your department to be admitted to Honors Study
  • Set up a tentative plan for a senior project that has a scope of a year-long project in your declared major
  • Find a faculty member to supervise your work

The two-semester honors course provides the opportunity to hone research and writing skills and produce original work in gender and feminist studies. It is highly recommended for students considering graduate school.

Examples of GWS honors projects:

Learn more about Honors Study guidelines.

GWS Contact Information:

Candace Howes
Department Chair
Phone: 860-439-5447
Fax: 860-439-5332

Jenny Bonnano
Administrative Assistant
Phone: 860-439-2032
Fax: 860-439-5289

Department of Gender & Women's Studies
Connecticut College
Box 5266
740 Williams Street
New London, CT 06320