The history department encourages its students to take advantage of study away opportunities during their junior year and to apply to SATA (Study Away and Teach Away) programs the College may offer.
Many of our faculty are involved in international study and travel with their students, too.
- Professor Garofalo took 12 students on a semester-long SATA Oaxaca in fall 2010, visiting ancient cities, pirate radio stations and Zapatista community centers
- Professor Garofalo took students in his course on Latin American migrations and immigrations to the Texas/Mexico border for a spring break program that included home stays.
- Professor Brodkin set up one of the College's longest running Study Away, Teach Away programs, SATA India.
- Professor Paxton has conducted SATAs in Cairo and Rome.
- Professor Forster took a group to Berlin on a spring break TRIP.
- Professor Canton took a group in his civil rights seminar to many of the most important locations of the African-American freedom movement.
Department of History
201 Winthrop Hall
270 Mohegan Avenue
New London, CT 06320-4196