- Majors and Minors
- Departments and Programs
- Degree Requirements
- Global Focus
- Certificate Programs
- Arts & Culture
- Honors/Independent Study
- Internships & Student Research
- Scholarships & Fellowships
- Law, Medicine, Business
- Honors & Distinctions
- Student Accessibility Services
- Graduate Study & Non-Traditional Programs
- Meet the Deans
- Academic Calendar
Course Registration "How to" for Students
Hints for successful online registration
- Complete everything in "What do I need to do BEFORE online registration begins?".
- Fill in the CRNs of the courses that you wish to register for on the Preregistration Advising Form. (You will use the CRNs when registering in Self Service.)
- Review the days and times that the courses you want are offered for time conflicts.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I need to do BEFORE online registration begins?
- What do I do if I'm not on campus (study away, SATA, personal leave, medical leave)?
- What do I do if I'm on hold?
- Where do I get my PIN?
- I'm a double major. Which advisor do I meet with?
- What do I do if I'm a Special Student?
- How do I register online?
- What do I do if I don't meet the course's prerequisites or enrollment restrictions?
- Can I make changes online?
- What do I do if I received an error message when attempting to register?
- What do I do if the course requires permission?
- When can I submit an Add form?
- How do I overpoint?
- How do I take a course on a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory basis?
What do I need to do BEFORE online registration? back to top
It is in your own best interest to resolve issues before online registration opens. Once registration has opened, courses will fill quickly.
- Check your holds in Self Service using "View Holds". Contact the department that placed the hold to determine how to resolve the issue.
- Meet with your advisor to discuss your course selections and to obtain your PIN. Complete your Preregistration Advising Form prior to meeting with your advisor.
- Read the course's catalog listing to ensure that you meet the registration restrictions (class year, major) and prerequisites. If you are not eligible, a signed Add/Drop/Withdrawal Form will be necessary for enrollment.
What do I do if I'm not on campus (study away, SATA, personal leave, medical leave)? back to top
You must still have an advising meeting. The meeting may take place over the phone or via email, but you must contact your advisor to discuss your courses and get your PIN. You will register online on the appropriate day with the rest of your class year.
What do I do if I'm on hold? back to top
Contact the department that placed the hold to determine how to resolve the issue. If you are unable to resolve the issue, please speak with your Dean.
Where do I get my PIN? back to top
Your advisor will provide you with your PIN during your advising meeting. If you lose your PIN, you must contact your advisor.
I'm a double major. Which advisor do I meet with? back to top
You should confer with both of your advisors. You'll still only have one PIN (which either advisor can give to you).
What do I do if I'm a Special Student? back to top
Non-degree seeking Special Students are not eligible for preregistration; registration will occur at the beginning of the semester using paper Add/Drop/Withdrawal Forms.
How do I register online? back to top
- From Self Service, choose Student, then Registration, then Add/Drop Classes. (Or choose the My Academics tab in CamelWeb and select Add or Drop Classes from the Registration Tools portlet.)
- Select the term you are registering for, click Submit.
- Enter your PIN, click Submit.
- Enter the CRNs for the courses you want in the Add Classes Worksheet, click Submit Changes.
- The courses for which you have successfully registered will appear in the Current Schedule section.
- To drop a course, click the down arrow in the Action field next to the course. Select Web Drop/Delete, then Submit Changes.
- If you weren't able to add a course, the reason will be noted in the Registration Add Errors section. You may need to scroll down to view the section.
- To search for additional courses or course sections, click Class Search.
- For a printer-friendly schedule with locations and times, click Return to Menu, then Concise Student Schedule.
What do I do if I don't meet the course's prerequisites or enrollment restrictions? back to top
If the instructor approves your registration, bring a Add/Drop/Withdrawal Form signed to the Office of the Registrar. Read the course's catalog listing to determine your eligibility for each course.
Can I make changes online? back to top
Yes, until the end of the regular Add period. During the Limited Add period, changes require an Add/Drop/Withdrawal Form. Check the Academic Year calendar for specific dates.
What do I do if I received an error message when attempting to register? back to top
What do I do if the course requires permission? back to top
Submit a signed Add/Drop/Withdrawal Form to the Office of the Registrar. For courses requiring participation in a specified program, see the department to be added to their registration permission list.
When can I submit an Add form? back to top
Completed, signed forms may be submitted to the Office of the Registrar during the advising period, the Add period, the Delete period, and the Limited Add period.
How do I overpoint? back to top
Students may take up to 19 credits per term, subject to approval from their faculty advisors. Students may overpoint beginning on the first day of classes. Please refer to the current college catalog for requirements.
How do I take a course on a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory basis? back to top
After registering for the course, please submit the appropriate paperwork by the stated deadline (see the academic calendar), which is available in the Office of the Registrar. Please refer to the current college catalog for further information.