Q: What testing is required for international applicants?

A: Standardized testing is optional for applicants to Connecticut College. If English is not your first language, we require an official score report of an English-proficiency exam. Connecticut College's code for both the TOEFL and the College Entrance Examination Board is 3284.

Q: What English proficiency test results are competitive for admission?

A: In general, students whose TOEFL score is below 600 on the paper, or 250 on the computer, or 100 on the Internet-based tests, or a 7.0 on the IELTS will have a difficult time gaining admission without additional evidence confirming their mastery of English.

Q: Do you accept attested photocopies of testing?

A: On a case-by-case basis, we do accept certified true copies of official score reports if sending results directly from the testing agency is a financial burden.

Q: Does Connecticut College offer English as a Second Language (ESL) classes?

A: No.

Q: Should I submit copies of awards received?

A: No, we prefer that you list your awards, certificates and accomplishments on a separate sheet of paper.

Q: Do you accept applications from non-U.S. citizens for the spring semester?

A: Yes. However, please note that financial aid is unavailable for non-U.S. citizens applying for regular decision spring entry.

Q: Does Connecticut College offer financial aid for non-U.S. citizens?

A: Each year, we are able to offer a select number of need-based scholarships for non-U.S. citizens that, depending on the level of financial need, may cover the full cost of tuition, room, board, books, supplies, and health insurance. Competition for these scholarships is rigorous; we look for students who have shown outstanding academic ability, a high level of competence in English and notable level of non-academic involvement.

Q: How does Financial Aid Services determine my family's need?

A: Non-U.S citizens who are applying for aid must complete either the paper or electronic versions of the International Student Financial Aid Application. If you are not applying for financial assistance, you must submit a certification of funding statement where you, your family and/or sponsor have a bank account. The statement must bear the signature of a designated official and bank seal. It must certify that you (or your family or sponsor) have the availability of funds to finance the first year of a Connecticut College education and enough financial resources for the entire undergraduate course of study.

Q: Does Connecticut College offer graduate programs?

A: The College grants the Master of Arts degree in psychology. You must be a graduate in good standing from an accredited college or university to apply. Properly qualified candidates are admitted to graduate study following approval of the Graduate Studies Committee and of the psychology department. Visit the Graduate Study section.