Connecticut College grants credit for advanced level work in secondary school in accordance with these policies:

  • We accept 4’s and 5’s on certain AP tests and scores of 5 or above on the Higher Level examinations of the International Baccalaureate or the results of certain foreign examinations (including the British A-levels, German Abitur, Swiss Maturity and others of similar merit).
  • Test scores that are accepted for credit are applied toward your degree requirements. However, individual academic departments have the discretion to decide if the course may count toward the major or minor and to determine the Connecticut College course equivalent.

Please see the Registrar's section on Advanced Level Work and Advanced Standing, where you may refer to the table to determine the minimum score required and the potential General Education equivalency. AP credit or the equivalent may be used to satisfy General Education requirements, subject to the approval of the department. 

Secondary school coursework

If you have completed college coursework while in secondary school, we will grant credit only for work that:

  • has been completed on a college campus
  • has been completed in a class with matriculated college students
  • has recieved a grade of C or better
  • has not been used to satisfy any secondary school graduation requirements

Please have an official college transcript forwarded to the Office of the Registrar. We will review your file to determine if the credits should be posted to the Connecticut College transcript. We will not award credit for programs that do not satisfy our criteria, such as the University of Connecticut’s Co-op Program, Kenyon College’s SCA Program, Syracuse University’s Project Advance or CLEP testing.

For questions about college credit, contact Frances Foley, assistant director of the Office of the Registrar, at or 860-439-2066.