New! Students now have the ability to schedule appointments online 24/7 through the Connecticut College Student Health Services electronic health records system called PyraMed.
Students may access the system through the the web portal at: http://connc.studenthealthportal.com
Once at this site, you can click on “Appt. Scheduling” and find a time to come in that fits into your schedule.
Students may also make an appointment by calling 860-439-2275.
Walk-ins will be accommodated to the best of our ability, but please expect extended waiting times if you do not have an appointment.
Hours (during the academic year)
Student Health Services
|Monday||9 a.m.-7 p.m.|
|Tuesday||9 a.m.-5 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9 a.m.-7 p.m.|
|Thursday||9 a.m.-5 p.m.|
|Friday||9 a.m.-5 p.m.|
We offer the following services:
- Urgent and primary care (including GYN) visits with nurse practitioners
- MD appointments onsite
- Prescription delivery from a local pharmacy
- Specialist referrals
- Health promotion programs and information
- Routine laboratory tests onsite; labs not processed here are sent to Backus Hospital outpatient lab and will be billed to your insurance
- A limited number of common medications without added charge
- Travel immunizations and information
- Substance abuse counseling
- HIV counseling and testing
- Sexually transmitted infection screening and treatment
- Contraceptive counseling with a full range of onsite options available
- Emergency contraception (EC). For further information on EC you may look at www.not-2-late.com
Medical Excuse Policy
Health Services does not provide students with notes to take to their faculty confirming medical treatment. Issues of developmental, privacy and workload factors inform this policy. Students are responsible for providing faculty the grounds for the absences, and for conforming to the attendance requirements of particular courses. Students, like the rest of us, are protected from having medical information released without their permission. At the time of treatment, students are encouraged to email their professors regarding their absence and "cc" us in the note. That allows us to confirm the visit and speak to faculty if requested.
Students under treatment for health reasons outside of Student Health Services (SHS) may bring documentation to SHS to be submitted to their health record. This documentation will assist in the support SHS may offer to the dean regarding missed classes/work. FERPA / HIPPA privacy act