Chapel History



Harkness Chapel, a gift to Connecticut College from Mary Stillman Harkness (1874-1950), was consecrated January 14, 1940. The chapel seats 400 and is used by the College for religious services, musical recitals and special events. In the lower level are offices, meeting rooms and a library.

Learn more about the chapel:

The Harkness Family

Construction of the chapel

The Chapel since 1940

The Bonawit stained glass windows

The architect

Decorative painting

The organ

The chapel bell

Painting of Mary Stillman Harkness

Contact Information:

Phone:
860-439-2450

Fax:
860-439-2463

Email Laurie McGrath, lamcg@conncoll.edu

Office of Religious and Spiritual Life
Harkness Chapel
Box 5203
New London, CT 06320-4196
orsl.conncoll.edu