2016-2017 Residential Calendar
Fall semester opening
- New students arrive on Thursday, Aug. 25, 2016.
- Keys are available from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at each of the residential houses.
- Returning students arrive Sunday, Aug. 28, 2016, and Monday Aug. 29, 2019. Keys are available from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Information Desk in Crozier-Williams and in Abbey House.
- Keys will continue to be available for all students in the Residential Education and Living (REAL) office between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. through Friday, Sept. 2, 2016. Beginning Tuesday, Sept. 6, 2016, keys will be available in the Camel Card Office in Crozier-Williams during their business hours.
Residence houses open in late August/early September for the fall semester and remain open through fall break and Thanksgiving break. Houses close at the conclusion of fall semester final exams for the winter break. Students who will be returning in the spring may leave their belongings in their rooms. Students who are not returning should remove all of their belongings the day they leave so the rooms may be prepared for new students.
Houses remain open for Fall Break and Thanksgiving Break.
Winter break housing
All residence houses are closed during the winter break with the exception of academic year-round housing. Students may apply for winter break housing if they have a College-affiliated reason to remain on campus for the break. Approved students will be housed in the Plex and Academic Year-Round Housing beginning the first week of January. Applications for winter break housing are emailed to all residential students during the first week of December.
- Houses close for winter break for all students at 2 p.m. on Monday Dec. 19, 2016.
- Winter break housing is available upon application and approval to students supported by a Connecticut College faculty or staff member and international students beginning Jan. 2, 2016.
- Please see the Break Housing Contract and Application for details online in November: Winter and Spring Break Housing Contract (pdf).
- Students participating in winter break housing transition back to their academic year assignments the Thursday and Friday before the start of the Spring Semester.
Spring semester opening
- New Students on Thursday, Jan. 19, 2017. Keys are available at Orientation check-in (typically in Crozier Williams Student Center).
- Returning students arrive Sunday, Jan. 22, 2017 and Monday, Jan. 23, 2017. Keys are available from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the REAL office for students returning from abroad or leave.
Houses reopen in January just prior to the first day of classes. During the spring semester, houses close for the two-week spring break. Similar to the winter recess, only academic year-round housing remains open and there is a limited amount of housing available for approved students in the Plex and academic year-round housing. Applications are available by email two weeks prior to the break and there is an additional charge for housing and meals during that time.
Spring break housing
- Houses close for spring break for all students at 5 p.m. on Friday, March 10, 2017, and reopen at 9 a.m. on Sunday, March 26, 2017.
- Spring break housing is available upon application and approval to students supported by a Connecticut College Faculty or Staff member and international students.
- Please see the Break Housing Contract and Application for details online in February:
- Students participating in Spring Break Housing transition back to their academic year assignments Sunday March 26, 2017.
Summer closing dates
- Houses close for non-graduating students at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, May 17, 2017.
- Houses close for graduating students at 10 p.m. on Sunday, May 22, 2017.
Summer break housing
The residence houses are used for conferences during the summer. Two houses are used to house summer residents. Summer residents are students who are working on campus, taking summer courses, completing internships or working with faculty members on research. Summer residents who stay for the entire summer move into transitional housing for approximately two weeks to allow Facilities Management the opportunity to prepare the houses. Summer residents are charged for room and meals. Applications are available in May. Students graduating in May are not eligible for summer housing, however they can contact the events office to determine if they are eligible for housing through conferences.
- Available upon application and approval to students supported by a Connecticut College Faculty or Staff member beginning May 7, 2016.
- Please see the Break Housing Contract and Application for details online in April:
- Students participating in Summer Break Housing transition to their Academic Year assignments in mid-August, generally around Aug. 10.