How to Change Your Password
The criteria for passwords are:
- It must be at least eight characters in length.
- It may not contain any part of your CC User Id.
- It must contain characters from three of the following categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lower case characters (a through z)
- Numbers (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, ! $,#, %).
If you are unable to log in to your email account after changing your password, contact the IT Service Desk at x4357. You can also stop by the Service Desk in the lower level of the Shain Library.
Below are some examples of passwords that would follow the necessary criteria:
Passwords will now need to be changed every 180 days. Please choose a password that meets the above requirements but is easy enough to remember that you do not have to write it down. The three previous passwords cannot be used. (If you do feel the need to write your password down, please store it in a secure location!)
Do not use the example passwords above.
IT Service Desk:
Phone: 860-439-4357 (HELP)