Google Sites gives you single-click page creation for group websites with no need for HTML or programming knowledge.
You can customize your Site’s look and feel, and configure settings for accessing and sharing information.
Google Sites can be used for:
- Department Intranets: Departments can set up an internal Site for procedures, policies, documents, calendars, and team collaboration.
- Classes: Faculty and students can collaborate and share information quickly and easily.
- Group Projects: Teams can communicate and stay organized.
- Public Calendars: Calendars can be created and embedded in a Site for collaboration purposes, and then added as a calendar to your Google Calendar selection.
For many other examples of education-focused Google Sites, see this page at edtechvision.org.
How to Use Google Sites
Getting Started with Google Sites
Google Sites Core Concepts
- Creating a Site
- Create a Google Site (video)
- Editing a Site
- Inserting Objects, Apps and Gadgets
- Add Content to Google Sites (video)
- Sharing and Collaborating
- Sharing Google Sites (video)