The dance major auditions for high school seniors are held in the fall in the dance department, which is located in the College Center at Crozier-Williams. Parents are invited and encouraged to attend the information and the wrap-up sessions with prospective students.
Please call us at 860-439-2830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an audition and to receive more information.
This is a sample of what prospective students can expect on our audition days:
- Dress for class. Students should wear fitted dance wear, ballet slippers, and also be prepared to dance barefoot.
- Warm up on your own in the 2nd floor studio or the 3rd floor Dance Lounge
- Information session will be held by members of the faculty in the Dance Lounge.
- Audition class consists of modern, West African and Afro-Caribbean phrases, a short improvisation and a ballet barre & center in the 3rd floor Myers Studio.
- Presentation of solo pieces. Please prepare a short piece, or part of a piece, 1 1/2-2 minutes long in any style you like. It can be either your own composition or someone else's choreography. A CD and mp3 player will be provided for your use. It's always a good idea to bring a backup.
- Immediately following the showing of solos, the faculty will be available to answer any questions. We would also be happy to put you in touch with a current dance major to provide you with insights from a student perspective.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the dance department at 860-439-2830.
We look forward to meeting you!
Professor of Dance