Jean C. Tempel '65 Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Joined Connecticut College: 2009
B.A., M.Eng., Cornell University
M.A., Teachers College, Columbia University
Ph.D., University of Pittsburgh
• Algorithm design and analysis • Algorithmic game theory
Christine Chung teaches Introduction to Computer Science and Problem Solving, Topics in Algorithmic Game Theory, Algorithm Design and Analysis, Data Structures and Research Seminar.
She also serves on the College's Information Services Committee.
- Competitive cost-savings in data stream management systems, with Shenoda Guirguis and AnastasiaKurdia. To appear in COCOON 2014 (The 20th International Computing and CombinatoricsConference).
- Data plan throttling: a simple consumer choice mechanism, with Barbara Anthony. Proceedings of the IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM 2013), pp. 3173-3178, December 2013.
- Online bottleneck matching, with Barbara Anthony. Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, January 2014. (Earlier version appeared in COCOA 2012.)
- Auction-based admission control for continuous queries in a multi-tenant DSMS, with Lory Al Moakar, Panos Chrysanthis, Shenoda Guirguis, Alexandros Labrinidis, Panayiotis Neophytou, and Kirk Pruhs. International Journal of Next-Generation Computing, Vol 3, No 3 (2012).
- Completion time scheduling and the WSRPT algorithm, with Bo Xiong. ISCO 2012 (International Symposium on Combinatorial Optimization).
- The Power of Fair Pricing Mechanisms, with Katrina Ligett, Aaron Roth, and Kirk Pruhs. Algorithmica, Nov 2011. (Earlier version appeared in LATIN 2010.)
- Admission Control Mechanisms for Continuous Queries in the Cloud, with Lory Al Moakar, Panos Chrysanthis, Shenoda Guirguis, Alexandros Labrinidis, Panayiotis (Panickos) Neophytou, and Kirk Pruhs. ICDE 2010 (IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering).
- SRPT Is 1.86-competitive for Completion Time Scheduling, with Tim Nonner, and Alexander Souza. SODA 2010 (ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms).
- On the Price of Stability for Undirected Network Design, with Giorgos Christodoulou, Evangelia Pyrga, Katrina Ligett, and Rob Van Stee. WAOA 2009 (Workshop on Approximation and Online Algorithms).
- Stochastic Stability in Internet Router Congestion Games, with Evangelia Pyrga. SAGT 2009 (Symposium on Algorithmic Game Theory). A more complete version of this work may be seen in the relevant chapter of her thesis.
- The Price of Stochastic Anarchy, with Katrina Ligett, Kirk Pruhs, and Aaron Roth. SAGT 2008 (Symposium on Algorithmic Game Theory).
- The Online Transportation Problem: On the Exponential Boost of One Extra Server, with Patchrawat Uthaisombut, and Kirk Pruhs. LATIN 2008 (Latin American Theoretical Informatics Symposium).
- For more info, please visit Christine Chung's personal Web page.
- Also see the Computer Science Department website.