Only returnable materials, such as books, cds, dvds, or videos may be borrowed via CTW. All article or book chapter requests must be placed on your Illiad account.
Borrowing materials via CTW entitles you to the same borrowing privileges granted to any student of Wesleyan or Trinity. Therefore, it is easier to obtain renewals, even extended renewals, if you need to keep the borrowed materials past the original due date. Though we can often renew materials obtained via Interlibrary Loan, other institutions are unlikely to be as generous as Wesleyan or Trinity.
However, if an item is not available here nor at Wesleyan or Trinity, please request it via your Illiad account and we will obtain it for you as quickly as possible.
If you have any further questions concerning the advantages of CTW or Interlibrary Loan, please feel free to email email@example.com, call the ILL office at x2667, or stop by the Interlibrary Loan office.
To place a CTW request, follow these steps:
- Enter the Connecticut College library home page.
- Click on the link to the CTW Consortium Catalog
- Search for the item(s) you need.
(If you find the item(s) you need, click on the link to that item, usually the title).
- At the bottom of the screen is the item’s status and a link to Place a Request. If the item is available, click on the link to place the request.
- A new screen will appear. Follow the instructions at the top of the screen and click on the ‘Login’ button. The screen should look like this if you are requesting an item from Wesleyan University:
Looking for help with research or using library resources?
Send us a text at:
or chat with us: