Frequently Asked Questions About Email
For general Gmail FAQ, please visit: Gmail help
1. How do I get an Internet account?
All faculty, staff, and students are supplied with an account. All paperwork for staff and faculty must be submitted to Human Resources or to the Dean of the Faculty's office in order to get an account. Once your account has been created you will receive a letter in the mail with your login and password and a website to get started. If you have any questions, please contact the IT Service Desk, 860-439-4357.
2. How do I change my password?
To change your email password.
Your password will give you access to the following systems: Network, Email, Remote Dialup, Library Clusters, Email, WebCT, Proxy server, VPN, CamelWeb
3. How do I get on Connecticut Colleges mail lists?
There are many different mail lists available here at Connecticut College. To subscribe to existing maillists . Select the appropriate list you would like to join from the list and on the next page enter your email address to subscribe to that list.
4. Do I get to keep my account after I graduate?
Yes. Your account will remain active after you graduate. You may continue to to use it as long as you wish to do so.
5. How do I find someone at the College?
The college directory is located on CamelWeb. The search bar towards the top of the page, on the right, will allow you to search for a person's name. The results will give you their Email, extension, and other information.
6. Why is my account disabled?
Your account usually becomes disabled if you fail to successfully login after 5 attempts. Your account may also be locked if you violate the Acceptable Use Policy. When this happens you can get your account unlocked by any one of the following methods:
- Call the IT Service Desk. (860)439-4357 (HELP)
- Use a computer in one of the labs to put in a help request at webhelpdesk.conncoll.edu
7. How do I access my email account at school from home?
The same way you access it on campus. Visit mail.conncoll.edu.
9. Why can't I find a student's email address in the campus directory?
It is current policy that the public campus directory online does not disclose student information. Students can however, use the email search when logged on to CamelWeb from off-campus.