What is Information Security?
It's securing computers and protecting personal information, thereby also protecting the College’s systems and services. It’s being aware of and being on guard against Internet fraud. It's knowing how to:
- Create safe passwords
- Prevent identity theft
- Secure laptops from theft
- Recognize phishing and email scams
- Protect against viruses on Mac or PC
- Safely download legal media
- Safely and regularly back up data
- Prevent malware and spyware
Information security resources
To encourage information security at Connecticut College, Information Services provides numerous resources.
Want to learn more about protecting your personal information? Take a look at our Protecting your Personally Identifiable Information document.
You can also call the IT Service Desk with your computer safety concerns. If you suspect that your computer or your data have been compromised, call the IT Service Desk immediately at x4357.