Blackberry - Email
1. On your BlackBerry device, navigate to your home screen.
2. Select the icon that lets you set up email (this can be called BlackBerry Set-up, E-mail settings, or Personal Email Set-up). If you can't find this icon, press the menu button anywhere on the home screen and check Show All.
3. On the page that loads, if you have a Blackberry account log in at the bottom. Otherwise click the link "Create New Account" and follow the steps to create an account, then log in.
4. After logging in, click the link under Services "Email Accounts".
5. Click the link "Add An Email Account".
6. In the fields, enter your information.
- For your email address insert your short Conn email (i.e. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for alums).
- For your password LEAVE BLANK. Do not enter a Password or you will not be able to continue.
- Click "Next".
7. A page will load stating "We were unable to configure email@example.com> firstname.lastname@example.org. Select the bubble next to "I will provide the settings to add this email account." and click "Next".
8. For the type of account leave the selection on "Internet Service Provider Email (POP/IMAP)" and click "Next".
9. For the way you access this email account leave the selection on "I will provide the settings to add this email account." and click "Next".
10. In the fields, enter your information.
- The email field should already be filled in with your short Conn email (i.e. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for alums).
- For the User name field enter your short Conn email (i.e. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for alums).
- For the Password field enter the password that you just selected (above).
- For the Email server field enter "imap.gmail.com".
- Click "Next".
11. Initial Synchronization of Emails can take a little while depending on how many emails are currently in your inbox. Please allow time for them to sync.
You should now be all set up to receive email on your Blackberry device.
Blackberry - Calender & Contacts
1. On your BlackBerry device, navigate to http://m.google.com/sync. Once this page is completed, you'll see a Download Google Sync Link.
2. Click the jog wheel or Blackberry menu button and select Get link.
3. Download this Application, Installation should happen upon completion of the download, After this has completed the installation you should find a Google Sync icon on your home screen.
4. Click the icon and you'll see the login form.
- The Email field should be filled in with your short Conn Email (i.e. email@example.com)
- For the password field enter the password that you just selected (above).
5. Press Login and Google Sync will sign in to your account. You can change settings by selecting Options from the menu. If you're upgrading from an old version of Google Sync contacts might not be enabled you'll have to manually enable Contact to sync.
6. Click the Sync Now button at the bottom of the Welcome Screen.
7. The Initial synchronization may take some time depending on the size of the calendar and the amount of contacts. Please be patient and allow the synchronization to complete in the background.