Reading Room Policies
In order to protect the rare materials housed by the Lear Center, we ask you to observe the following rules:
- All readers will be asked to fill out a registration form. Groups using materials only need to fill out a single form. New readers may be asked to show photo ID. College ID is accepted.
- Only Lear Center staff may page materials. Lear Center stacks are not browsable.
- Food and beverages are not permitted.
- Only pencils may be used once materials have been paged.
- For the comfort of other readers, we ask that you not use cell phones in the reading room.
- Materials may not leave the reading room.
- Book cradles will be provided for fragile materials. For the safety of fragile books we ask that they remain in the cradles.
Ruth Rusch Sheppe '40 Director of Special Collections
Linda Lear Center for
Special Collections & Archives
Charles E. Shain Library
270 Mohegan Avenue
New London, CT 06320