CELS jobs and internships software system for students and alumni
This database is for Connecticut College students and alumni only.
The Experience database, utilized by many career offices, contains jobs and internships posted by the CELS Office; jobs and internships posted by organizations given permission by CELS to post on our site; and jobs and internships that organizations post directly through Experience. The Experience system also is used to apply for and sign up for interviews through the CELS Campus Interview Program.
- To register with the Experience system, go to http://conncoll.experience.com/er/security/login.jsp.
- Click on "Create an Account" at the bottom left.
- In order to register for Experience, you must obtain a password token from the CELS Office by emailing Beth Bremner, CELS Program Coordinator.
- Under "Register for an Account," fill in all of the data fields and click "Register." Keep in mind that for each CELS resource that uses this Experience system (CELS Office Jobs/Internships Database, Capital Consortium, New York Recruiting Consortium and LARC), you will need a unique username (no duplicates allowed).
- Under "Please complete your profile" the system will ask you to fill out some required profile fields (red dot next to the required fields). Then click "Next." It is very important to have your email and phone numbers correct.
- Next section is "Your Experience Preferences. " Decide if you want emails and newsletters about other Experience programs and services. It is advisable to indicate you would like to have access to job postings received by Experience (they get a lot). Then fill in the required fields in the Personalization section. If you choose not to answer any of these questions, there is an "I’d rather not say" option. Click "Next."
- This brings you to a Welcome page. Now you will be able to apply for positions through the Experience system. In order to do so, you will need to upload your resume and cover letter(s). Some organizations will require other items as well (e.g. writing sample, unofficial transcript, etc.) You can upload these items as well. If you are ready to upload your resume and other materials, click "Go" beside "Upload a Resume. " If you are not ready to upload, click on the "Home" link at the top of the page. From now on, you will come directly to this page when you log in using the username and password you created. See Uploading Your Materials below when you are ready to upload materials.
- You may search for jobs and internships under "One-Click Searches:" Newest Jobs, Jobs with Upcoming Application Deadlines, Jobs Posted by the CELS Office, Alumni Sponsored Internships and Funded Internships; and under "More Searches" (upper right): Jobs Posted by the CELS Office and Internships Posted by the CELS Office. In these sections, under "Job," select the job title. Read through the job and organization descriptions, which also will contain the contact information to address your cover letter. Scroll to the bottom of the page and, under "How to Apply," see what application materials are required to apply for the position (some employers also require unofficial transcripts or writing samples). Once you have all of the required materials uploaded into the system (see below), click "Apply. " Pick the correct resume, cover letter and other materials needed by highlighting the name of each material. Finally, click "Submit. "
Uploading Your Materials
- Go to "Documents" in the gray box across the top and click on "Upload a Document."
- Select the type of document you wish to upload, and click on "Next."
- Click on "Browse, " find your document, click "Open," and then click on "Upload."
- When your status says ready, your document is uploaded.
- Follow these instructions to upload your resume, cover letter, transcript, and writing sample. You can have more than one resume and all of your cover letters in the system at the same time. Transcripts should be uploaded under "Other" (you can copy and paste from your online transcript to a Word document: condense it and make it look nice).
- IMPORTANT: By uploading, you HAVE NOT applied to any jobs! (See #8 above to actually apply.)
Jobs and Internships Posted by Experience
Beyond the jobs that have been entered by CELS (see One-Click Searches and More Searches), you may also search jobs and internships posted by Experience (provided you have indicated a desire to see Experience jobs when you set up your profile). In these situations, employers have selected Connecticut College as one of the schools to which their jobs or internships would be posted. To do this, go to "Jobs & Internships" IN THE GRAY BAR AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE. You may then select criteria for your search.