Connecticut College News
Connecticut College hosts Earth Fest! celebration04/14/2009
NEW LONDON, Conn. - Connecticut College is celebrating the environment this spring. Earth Fest! is April 18 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tempel Green. The event will include a native plant sale, nature crafts for kids and more than 30 educational exhibits and activities from Sprout! (Connecticut College´s organic gardening club), Sierra Club, Planet ZeroGravity, Reforest the Tropics, Save the Sound, Connecticut College Arboretum and local vendors. There will be live music and local and organic food and drinks. There will also be a chance to kick up those heels and lindy hop with a free swing dancing lesson. Spokespeople - Connecticut College´s student-run bicycle collective - will be taking bicycle donations and offering tune-ups. Please note that the rain date is April 19.
The schedule of events is as follows:
- 11 a.m. - 11:50 a.m.: Songs of the Earth by folk singer Geoff Kaufmann
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.: Arboretum tour
- 11:45 a.m. - 2 p.m.: La Belle Aurore local & organic food
- 12 p.m. - 12:50 p.m.: Music by members of Dogbite (trio) playing guitar and harmonica
- 1 p.m. - 2 p.m.: Shoreline Swing dance demonstration and lesson
- 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.: Arboretum tour
- 2 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.: Songs of the Earth by Geoff Kaufmann
- 2:30 p.m. - 3 p.m.: Performance by a Connecticut College a capella group
About Connecticut College
Situated on the coast of southern New England, Connecticut College is a highly selective private liberal arts college with 1900 students from all across the country and throughout the world. On the college´s 750-acre arboretum campus overlooking Long Island Sound, students and faculty create a vibrant social, cultural and intellectual community enriched by diverse perspectives. The college, founded in 1911, is known for its unique combination of interdisciplinary studies, international programs, funded internships, student-faculty research and service learning.
For more information, visit www.conncoll.edu. -- CC --