The Connecticut College community came together Monday, March 30, for an important campuswide conversation
Senior dance majors have re-created historical dance photos from the College's collection. "Imprint, a Senior Thesis Concert," is April 14-16.
Upcoming Centennial events include the 100th anniversary of the signing of the College charter, a day-long conference on diversity and a national day of service for alumni. All lectures and panels are free and open to the public unless otherwise noted.
The April schedule of events includes:
- April 1: "Great Beginnings: Conversations with Alumni" with Jonathan McBride '92, special assistant at the White House. 8 p.m., Evans Hall. (Open to campus community only.)
- April 2: "The History and Future of Diversity at Connecticut College," sponsored by the Center for the Comparative Study of Race and Ethnicity. Keynote by Dr. Robert Hampton, dean of the College 1987-1994. Noon, Blaustein Humanities Center.
- April 5: Founders Day, the 100th anniversary of the signing of the College Charter. The campus celebration includes a historical lecture by Linda Eisenmann '75, provost at Wheaton College; an all-campus photo on Tempel Green; and the debut performance of the Centennial song.
- April 14: "1911 in Transnational Perspective," panel discussion with professors Amy Dooling, Julia Kushigian, Jen Manion, Spencer Pack and Sufia Uddin, moderated by Mab Segrest. 4 p.m., Ernst Common Room, Blaustein Humanities Center. Learn more.
- April 14: "The Work Can Never Die: Ida B. Wells, 1911 and the Quest for Immortality," Centennial Lecture on Gender by Paula J. Giddings, professor of Afro-american studies at Smith College. 7 p.m., Ernst Common Room, Blaustein Humanities Center. Learn more.
- April 14-16: "Imprint, a Senior Thesis Concert," presented by the dance department. Senior dance majors have re-created historical dance photos from the College's collection. 7:30 p.m., Palmer Auditorium. Tickets $12, $6 students. For information call 860-436-ARTS. See the photos.
- April 16 and 17: Camels Care, a national day of service by alumni in 10 cities, including Boston, New York, Washington and San Francisco.
For more information, contact email@example.com. Visit the Centennial events listing for information on additional events. View the alumni calendar for more events around the country. Learn about other notable speakers who have visited the campus over the years.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Deborah MacDonnell (860) 439-2504, firstname.lastname@example.org