Material Safety Data Sheets
OSHA requires that Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) be readily available to employees in the workplace.
- MSDS for chemicals used in the sciences (chemistry, biology, botany and neuroscience), can be found in the "CEMS" chemical inventory database at: http://cems.conncoll.edu/. Access to the actual chemical inventory requires registration and login.
- To locate the MSDS for a product used at Connecticut College in all other departments, click on the appropriate link below.
- View MSDS for materials brought onto campus by contractors.
If a member of the campus community purchases a chemical product, and cannot find the MSDS on either site, send me an email and provide the following information:
An electronic PDF version of the MSDS will be obtained and uploaded to the appropriate departmental page.
- Product name, as printed on the label
- Manufacturer or distributor
- Catalog or product number