Jen Manion, Ph.D., is Assistant Professor of History and Director of the LGBTQ Resource Center
Student Coordinators are selected in an application process at the beginning of each academic year. Four to five coordinators are active each semester. This year's coordinators include the following:
- Brittany Armstrong '13 is from Chatham, N.J. She is considering a major in anthropology, with a minor in linguistics. She is a co-chair of Spectrum, and a member of CGIA division, as well as a student adviser.
- Karina Hernandez '15, born in the Dominican Republic, is from Bronx, N.Y. She is an East Asian studies with a Japanese concentration major and is considering double majoring with English. Karina attends Spectrum as well as (CQ)2, is part of Unity House’s R.I.S.E program and is the field secretary for the women's rugby team.
- Carolyn Sundstrom '14 is from Wyckoff, N.J. She is planning on majoring in sociology and considering a minor in psychology. She is a co-chair of (CQ)2 and the secretary of Spectrum.
- Trina Townsend '13 is from Chicago, Ill. She is undecided in her major, but is considering art and gender and women's studies with an East Asian studies concentration.
Many other students volunteer or are employed on a work-study basis at the Center as staff members, keeping the Center open on a daily schedule. These staffers give life and personality to the Center when they work, and provide a fresh face to every visitor. This year's staff are listed below.
- Lily Bartlett '13 is from Swanzey, N.H. Her major is Environmental Studies, with minors in Art and Astronomy. She is a member of Spectrum and (CQ), as well as a Science Leader and an ALANA Big Sib.
- Priscila Gallegos '13 is from Brooklyn, N.Y. Her majors are anthropology and gender and women's studies. She is the secretary for the anthropology Student Advisory Board, a tutor in Russian at the Multicultural Magnet School, a Community Service Representative for OVCS and a member of the club rugby team.
- Cassie Haines '14 is from Bethlehem, Pa. Her majors are human development and theater. She is a member of the Connchords, Spectrum, and Conn's student theater group Wig and Candle. She also works with Camel Catering and is an admission tour guide.
- Jovanni Jauregui '13 is from Bell, Calif. a small city in the greater area of East Los Angeles. His major is gender and women's studies and he's getting certified to teach in elementary schools. He is also a PICA scholar and Tresurer of MEChA (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicana/o de Aztlan). His interests include music, culture art and film.
- Meghan Rossini '13 is from Bronxville, N.Y. Her major is Psychology, and she is co-chair of Spectrum and a member of (CQ)and Habitat for Humanity.
- Andrew Sowle '13 is from Evanston, Ill. His major is religious studies and his minor is Aanthropology. He is Spectrum's treasurer, as well as a transfer adviser and a flautist in the College's Concert Band.
- Amber Villanueva is from San Juan, Puerto Rico. She is considering a double major in gender and women's studies as well as English. She is a member of Spectrum and an ALANA Big Sib. Amber also works as a volunteer in Alliance for Living in New London, Conn.
LGBTQ Resource Center
Jen Manion, Director
270 Mohegan Avenue
New London, CT 0632