Maintainence and Repair Requests
The Work Reception Center
The Work Reception Center, located in the Service Building on south campus, receives all requests for maintenance and repair of College facilities. All requests are entered into the Computerized Maintenance Management System and work orders are distributed to the appropriate shop for accomplishment.
How to submit a request
During normal working hours between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
- By Phone Ext. 2253 or Voice Mail Ext. 7787. The phones are monitored continuously during normal working hours
- By memo or letter to the Physical Plant Work Reception Center for routine maintenance and repairs that require more detail than would typically be provided over the phone
- By email to email@example.com for routine maintenance and repairs that require more detail than would typically be provided over the phone
Non-Emergency Requests After Hours, Weekends and Holidays:
- Leave a detailed message on Voice Mail Ext. 7787 for non-emergency situations. Requests will be processed and prioritized on the next business day.
Emergency After Hours, Weekends and Holidays:
- Call Campus Safety at Ext. 2222. If the situation warrants, Campus Safety will recall a Physical Plant Mechanic for emergency repair service.
When leaving a request on voice mail, please include the following:
- Address (building or dorm)
- Room number or area of building (if applicable)
- Permission to enter (automatic when leaving request)
- Pets on or in premises
- Your phone number
- Exact nature of problem
- Exact location of problem
What we can't help you with:
- Vending Machines: Report problems to Dining Services, Ext. 2750
- Phones: Report problems to Ext. 3663 or HELP (Ext. 4357)
- Cable TV and/or Computers: Call HELP (Ext. 4357)
- Dorm/Residence Hall/Housefellow Supplies: Vaccum cleaners are available from each residence hall Housefellow, as are toilet paper, bug spray, extra light bulbs and window screens.
- Residence hall furniture: Requests may be left at Ext. 7787
270 Mohegan Avenue
New London, CT 06320