Getting to Campus
Not Far Away
Hartford is less than an hour from campus and is home to many museums and performing arts groups, such as the Hartford Stage Co., the Wadsworth Atheneum and the Hartford Symphony Orchestra. The city also hosts the XL Center (formerly the Hartford Civic Center), the Connecticut Convention Center and the Connecticut Science Center. New Haven and Providence are both about one hour from campus and also provide many cultural and sightseeing opportunities. New York and Boston are both easily accessible from New London by train or car.
Transportation for Your Student
Visit the transportation section of this website to learn more about student options for traveling to and from campus, such as the ZipCar, CamelVan, Flying Camel Airport Shuttle Service, Spokespeople bike coop, cars on campus, buses and taxis and more.
Getting to Campus
Here are directions to campus. You'll also find a downloadable campus map, accessible buildings map and a map of the New London/Waterford area.
Parking on Campus
When arriving on campus, stop at the gatehouse at the Route 32 entrance. The best parking for visitors is in the South Lot (turn left at the gatehouse). This lot is also convenient for events at Cummings Arts Center (Evans, Oliva and Fortune halls) and Palmer Auditorium. For Tansill Theater, also park in the South Lot; the number of spaces adjacent to the theater is limited.
Many commercial airlines serve the region from these airports. In order of proximity and ease of access to campus they are:
- T. F. Green Airport (PVD) http://www.pvdairport.com/, Providence, R.I. (For information on shuttle service to and from Amtrak in downtown Providence, go to http://www.pvdairport.com/.)
- Bradley International Airport (BDL) http://www.pvdairport.com/, Hartford, Conn.
- Logan Airport (BOS) http://www.pvdairport.com/, Boston, Mass.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and LaGuardia (LGA), New York City, both at http://www.pvdairport.com/
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), Newark, N.J., also at http://www.pvdairport.com/
Please check with Amtrak (http://www.amtrak.com/) for information on traveling to New London by train. New London's Union Station is at 45 Water St., about 15 minutes from campus by car or taxi.
- Avis: 155 Tower Ave., Groton/New London Airport, Groton, 860-445-8585
- Enterprise: 42C Williams St., Mystic, 860-536-6829
- 453 Colman St., New London, 860-442-8333
- Hertz: 320 Thomas Road, Groton, 860-446-1200
Greyhound (http://www.greyhound.com/) serves New London from Union Station.