Behavioral Neuroscience Labs
The College's behavioral neuroscience program is part of the department of psychology, with close ties to the departments of botany, biology, chemistry and philosophy.
As the purpose of the major is to foster an understanding of the neural basis of behavior, which requires some basic understanding of chemistry, psychology, philosophy, molecular biology, and cellular biology, students and faculty utilize the facilities of all these disciplines.
Lab facilities include:
- Biopac computerized physiograph
- Liquid scintillation counter
- Cryostat freezing microtome
- Behavioral pharmacology testing equipment
- Housing facilities for rodents and fish
- Digital image analysis system
- Digital tracking system