Capturing the Beauty of the Arboretum - 2017
The Connecticut College Arboretum's Annual Photo Contest and Exhibition is free and open to all.
- There are new photograph and prize categories, as well as an earlier deadline, so please be sure to carefully read the Photo Contest Rules of Entry 2017. Deadline for entries is Friday, April 7, 2017 at noon. Pictures must be taken in the Connecticut College Arboretum.
- Photo Contest Entry Form 2017
NEW Photograph Categories
1. Tree – Portraits of trees for Arbor Day; big or small, young or old, judges prefer native species.
2. Landscape – a general scenery view
3. Flora – Flowers, foliage, fruit, other parts of plants
4. Wildlife – Any subject from the animal kingdom
Awards will be given to one Adult and one Youth (under 18 years) in each category. Winners will receive $50 and a one year membership to the Arboretum.
Prizes will be awarded at a reception on Arbor Day, April 28, 2017 at Unity House on the Connecticut College campus. All participants are invited to attend this free program and winners are encouraged to attend.
Entries, on a space available basis, will be displayed for campus and public viewing in Unity House at Connecticut College through May 24.
View photographs from the 2016 Photography Contest on Flickr. Awards for the 16th Annual Amateur Photography Contest were presented on Members’ and Friends’ Night in June at the Olin Science Center Auditorium.