Course Registration for Transfers
Online registration will begin Thursday, June 5, at 5 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Time) and end Tuesday, June 10, at 9 a.m. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. To register, you must have activated your Connecticut College email address.
You will register online for two of your first-semester courses. These can be either upper-level courses appropriate for your class year or 100-level courses. Please refer to the Fall 2014 online class schedule. You’ll register for your other two first-semester courses after meeting with your faculty adviser during Orientation.
Activate your email account
First, activate your Connecticut College email account. On or before June 2, your Connecticut College email address and password will be emailed to you with instructions on how to activate your account. If you don’t receive the email, contact the IT Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-439-4357. Activate your account right away and check that address at least weekly.
Select your courses
Please refer to the Fall 2014 online class schedule and select several courses. These can be either upper-level courses appropriate for your class year or 100-level courses. You will register for a total of two courses. Choosing extra courses will provide you with backup selections in case your first choices are full. Be sure your list includes the five-digit CRN (Course Registration Number) for each course, since you’ll need the CRN to register. The CRN is listed in the far left column on the condensed course schedule.
How to register - starting June 5
1. You should have already activated your Connecticut College email account. If you haven’t, do so now. (see above)
2. Refer to your list of courses you are interested in.
3. Go to www.conncoll.edu.
4. Click on Log In (in the upper right corner), then click on Self Service, then Enter Secure Area.
5. Enter your USER ID and PASSWORD, the same that you use to access your Connecticut College e-mail.
6. Click Student, then Registration, then Add/Drop Classes. 7. Select Fall 2014 and click Submit.
8. Enter the two five-digit CRNs in the Add Classes Worksheet and click Submit Changes.
9. The courses for which you’ve successfully registered will appear in the section Current Schedule. Verify that you have entered the correct CRNs by reviewing the results.
10. If you made a mistake, click on the down arrow in the Action field next to the course you want to delete. Select Web Drop/Delete, enter the CRN for the course you want to add in the Add Classes Worksheet and click Submit Changes.
11. If you encounter errors, they will be noted in the section Registration Add Errors, which will appear above the Add Classes Worksheet. You may need to scroll down to view the section. If you received an error message, choose another course.
12. For a print-friendly schedule with locations and times, click Return to Menu, then Concise Student Schedule. If your course’s location is blank, don’t worry, just check back in Self Service in August.
13. Click Exit to logout.
Remember: You are registering for a total of two courses. You’ll register for your other two first-semester courses after meeting with your faculty adviser during Orientation.
If you need help
Help will be available Thursday, June 5, from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Time) and afterwards on business days from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For problems with your computer, password or activating your Connecticut College email account, contact the IT Service Desk at 860-439-4357 or email@example.com.
For problems with registration, contact the Registrar’s Office at 860-439-2068 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any other problems or concerns, contact the Office of the Dean of Studies at email@example.com.
Assistant to the Associate Dean of Studies
for Juniors and Seniors
206 Fanning Hall, 2nd floor
270 Mohegan Avenue
New London, CT 06320-4196