May 18 – June 19, 2020
Connecticut College and the University of Connecticut, Avery Point invite applicants to their joint, four-week entrepreneurship skills development program. The program will provide students with a greater understanding of entrepreneurship; new practical skills in critical thinking, collaboration, and problem solving; and a strong network of mentors and peers to support them as they move from business concept development to launching new ventures in Connecticut.
Students will participate in Entrepreneurship 101, where they will learn about developing and launching a business as well as build a mentor network. Students will participate in a combination of classroom and experience-based instruction. Classroom instruction will include working with a structured curriculum as well as participating in sessions led by business experts and practitioners. During practitioner sessions, experts will present business cases and concepts, then students will break into small teams to address specific areas or topics relevant to the case.
By the end of the session it is anticipated that students will:
- Have a greater understanding of entrepreneurship
- Develop new practical skills in critical thinking, collaboration and problem solving
- build a strong network of peers and establish a Mentor Network comprised of the business professionals who they have worked with throughout the summer.
Admission & Applicant Eligibility
- Must be a freshman or sophomore enrolled full time at either Connecticut College or the University of Connecticut
- Must be in good academic and social standing at their institution
A cohort of 18-20 students will be selected for an immersive residential summer experience over a four-week period running from May 18 – June 19, 2019. Students will live in subsidized Connecticut College residence halls and receive a meal plan during the program.
There is no charge for Entrepreneurship 101; housing, meals and materials are provided.
Applications are due Friday February 21, 5:00 pm. Click HERE for application