Single Course Exchange Program
A Connecticut College student in an undergraduate degree-seeking program may, with appropriate approval, enroll in ONE undergraduate course per semester (fall or spring) at Trinity College, the United States Coast Guard Academy, or Wesleyan University. Please be aware that this program is a single course exchange; no exceptions may be made to this policy. Students must be enrolled full-time and be in residence (attending classes on the Connecticut College campus) in the semester(s) in which they wish to participate in the Single Course Exchange.
Enrollment in the Single Course Exchange Program is subject to enrollment policies, including instructor permission and course restrictions, as well as space availability.
For information regarding catalogs/schedules and whether enrollment in a specific course is permitted, please contact the Registrar’s office at the participating institution (see course/contact information below). It is always advisable to check with the institution regarding last-minute changes in course offerings. Students should also pay attention to the academic calendars of each institution (begin and end dates of the semester/when classes are held) since this may not coincide with Connecticut College's academic calendar.
Students must seek the approval of their adviser, class dean, and the department chair/program director (if applicable) in order to enroll in an exchange course. Students may not enroll in an exchange course that is the same/similar in content to one offered at Connecticut College. All mathematics, computer science, physics, astronomy and geophysics courses require the approval of the chair/program director.
- Students should contact the Registrar’s office of the participating institution for information about enrolling in a specific course.
- If the participating institution permits enrollment in the course, students planning on taking a course at Trinity or Wesleyan should contact email@example.com for registration instructions and the approval form.
- Students planning on taking a course at the United States Coast Guard Academy should complete the USCGA Single Course Exchange Form. Once all signatures have been obtained, the form should be brought to the Registrar's office at the USCGA.
- Please note that the forms require the signatures of the student’s adviser, class dean, and the department chair/program director (if applicable).
- The participating institution will retain one copy of the form and sign the other, which needs to be returned to the Registrar’s office at Connecticut College in order to complete the enrollment process.
Please be aware that the grade for the course will be posted to the Connecticut College transcript exactly as it is reported by the participating institution. Connecticut College cannot change grades that have been awarded by another institution.
While enrolled in the exchange course, students are held responsible for the deadlines and policies of the institution that apply to the course, including the institution’s deadline to enroll and last day to withdraw. Students may not drop or withdraw from the course without approval from the participating institution, their adviser, and their class dean.
Office of the Registrar, United States Coast Guard Academy Contact Miguel.O.Gonzalez@uscga.edu *Please note that students must submit proof of COVID vaccination status in order to participate in USCGA courses; vehicles are not permitted on the USCGA campus
Single Course Exchange at Connecticut College
Eligible students at Trinity College, Wesleyan University, and the United States Coast Guard Academy may enroll in one course per fall or spring semester at Connecticut College, subject to enrollment policies, including instructor permission and course restrictions, as well as space availability. Students should contact the Registrar’s office at their institution to determine eligibility to participate in the Single Course Exchange Program.
Please note that all students will be required to submit proof of their COVID vaccination status in order to enroll in courses at Connecticut College.
Information about courses offered at Connecticut College is available here. For information about enrollment in a particular course at Connecticut College, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students who have been approved by their institution to enroll in a Connecticut College course should obtain a Single Course Exchange Approval/Enrollment Form from the Registrar’s office at their home institution and bring it to the Registrar’s Office at Connecticut College (Fanning 105).