We will grant credit for advanced level work in secondary school in accordance with these policies:

We accept 4's and 5's on certain AP tests and scores of 5 or above on the Higher Level examinations of the International Baccalaureate or the results of certain foreign examinations (including the British A-levels, German Abitur, Swiss Maturité and others of similar merit).

Test scores that are accepted for credit are applied toward your degree requirements. However, individual academic departments have the discretion to decide if the course may count toward the major or minor and to determine the Connecticut College course equivalent.

Secondary school course work

If you have completed college coursework while in secondary school, we will grant credit only for work that:

  • has been completed on a college campus
  • has been completed in a class with matriculated college students
  • has not been used to satisfy any secondary school graduation requirements

Please have an official college transcript forwarded to the Office of the Registrar. We will review your file to determine if the credits should be posted to the Connecticut College transcript. We will not award credit for programs that do not satisfy our criteria, such as the University of Connecticut's Co-op Program, Kenyon College's SCA Program, Syracuse University's Project Advance or CLEP testing.

For questions about college credit, contact the Office of the Registrar: registrar@conncoll.edu.