September 15, 2022
Dear Members of the Campus Community,
Last weekend an allegation was posted on social media by a Connecticut College alum, accusing an individual who is now a Conn employee of sexual assault while they were in a relationship. Our alum has stated that her allegations relate to a time period before she was a student at the College and our employee has stated that the relationship concluded before he began working here. He has also denied the allegations.
The College takes every allegation of sexual misconduct very seriously and we understand the range of pain and concern that this accusation has caused within our community. We have reached out to both individuals to offer support and, at the end of this letter, you will find a list of resources available to you. As a result of our outreach, we have also granted our employee a period of administrative leave. The College will identify personnel to cover the employee’s responsibilities to minimize disruptions during the leave period.
Your safety and wellbeing and that of every member of our community are always our highest priority. The College will continue its investigation into this matter and will inform you when that process has concluded.
Finally, I want to make sure you are aware of resources available for anyone on this campus who may be struggling.
- Student counseling staff can be reached at 860-439-4587
- The College chaplains can be reached at 860-439-2450
- Confidential help related to sexual violence is available 24/7 through this hotline: 860-460-9194
- Student Support Specialists can be reached at 860-439-2412 or by calling Campus Safety at 860-439-2222
- Staff can locate services through higherEdEAP.com and at 800-252-4555
- Other resources are detailed on the website for the Office of Sexual Violence Prevention and Advocacy
My sincere thanks to all who are working across campus to nurture our community of care.