For Parents - About the Camel Card
The Camel Card - It's more than just an ID card.
The Camel Card is the official identification card of Connecticut College. Students are issued a Camel Card upon arrival for their first semester and are responsible for keeping their card for the duration of their time at College.
Uses of the Camel Card
The Camel Card is more than just the official College ID.
Uses of the Camel Card:
- Meal plan access (if applicable)
- Camel Cash (see below)
- Residence hall and lab access
- Library card
- Copying and printing
Benefits of the Camel Card
- Accepted - welcomed at the places your student needs and wants to go
- Convenient - students make purchases with their ID card. No need to carry cash.
- Fast and easy to use - just swipe and go at self-service locations or present to the cashier.
- Prepaid - only spend what's on the card.
- Safe and secure - if the Camel Card is lost, account can be suspended and the balance transferred to a new card.
- Carries over from semester to semester and year as long as your student is enrolled at the College.
Camel Cash - A convenient tool for you and your student.
Camel Cash is a prepaid spending account on your student's Camel Card that is accepted for use at the following campus locations, eliminating the need for them to carry cash:
- Oasis Snack Shop
- Jazzman's Cafe at Ruane's Den
- All dining halls
- Laundry facilities
How can I add Camel Cash to my student's Camel Card?
Deposits can be made online at Camel Commerce Manager. This payment method is via credit card or e-check, which is simply an electronic version of a paper check. To make a deposit by e-check, you will need to provide your checking account and bank routing numbers and the funds will be debited from that account. Please note: You will need to know your student's College ID number for payment by either credit card or e-check.
Register a car and get a parking permit
All student, faculty, and staff vehicles operated or parked on the Connecticut College campus must be properly registered and display a valid parking permit issued by the Camel Card Office. The Motor Vehicle Regulations section covers campus vehicle registration, parking permits, vehicle operation and the campus parking plan.
The Camel Card Office
The Camel Card Office is located in the College Center at Crozier-Williams.
Hours are 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, during the academic year; 9 a.m.- noon and 1-3 p.m., Monday through Friday, during summer, spring and winter breaks. Call 860-439-2250 or email email@example.com.
Camel Card Office
College Center at Crozier-Williams