Faculty & Staff Info on Testing and Symptom Checking
Dear Faculty and Staff,
I'd like to take a moment to address a few items with you related to testing and symptom checking.
- Please remember that you need to schedule your test(s) each week. CoVerified does not book recurring appointments.
- You can cancel and reschedule testing appointments in the app or on the CoVerified website.
- If you miss your scheduled test time, please go to the Testing Center anyway so that you can be tested on your testing day.
- In order to maintain a "Clear" status in CoVerified you need to complete a daily symptom check. You can do this in the app or on the CoVerified website. If you do not have access to either then speak with your department head and they can provide you with a symptom screening document to complete.
- When you complete your daily symptom check, please make sure that you only enter new symptoms and not chronic or seasonal health symptoms (e.g. chronic headaches, cough from allergies or asthma)
- If you are assigned a "restricted" status as the result of a daily symptom check, you will need to be screened by the Test Center RN, Marianne Ward (firstname.lastname@example.org), in order to change your status to "Cleared".
- If you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19 you should be in touch with your medical provider or urgent care as soon as possible. Have the medical provider evaluate your symptoms and if it is not COVID-19 then share that information along with a note from your provider with Marianne Ward over email and provide her with a phone number just in case she needs to reach you.
- If you mistakenly submitted a symptom which is a chronic or seasonal health symptom then either email Marianne and provide her with a phone number to call you back or visit the Testing Center and ask to speak with Marianne. Please go to the Test Center during your regularly scheduled appointment or if need be, go on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays between 8:30am-11:30am or 1-4:15pm. When you arrive at the Test Center, please ask to speak specifically with Marianne Ward.
Also, in August we talked about the possibility of Campus Safety checking the CoVerified status upon entry to campus. We decided not to do this given that faculty and staff have varying levels of access to the app. Symptom checks will be done by department heads who can have staff show their CoVerified home screen status or complete a paper symptom check form. Faculty are encouraged to ask their students to show their CoVerified home screen at the start of class and faculty can show their own "Clear" status with students.
On a completely different topic, some of you have asked about student travel expectations. A couple of weeks ago I sent students a letter with revised off-campus and visitor expectations. Please feel free to review the letter in case the information is helpful to you when you are in conversation with students.
I hope that this additional information is helpful. Thank you for your attention to these details as we all continue to adjust to life on campus with COVID-19 protocols in place.
Dean of Students