Mar. 21, 2020
A message from Dean Melendez,
Dear Class of 2021 (Juniors)
I am so sorry that it has taken this long to reach out to you. Please understand that it has been an unprecedented spring break. You have been on our minds. You have not been forgotten. I am deeply saddened by the impact that COVID 19 has had on those of you who were on study away programs. You were so excited to experience other cultures, to live and learn from others who may be different from you, only to shorten that experience and try to get home safely. Some of you are still in limbo, we are thinking of you. I want to share that your faculty have been very busy and thoughtful in preparing for remote learning so you can finish out the semester as best as you can. Please know that there have been multiple discussions how best to evaluate your work. More to follow in the coming days.
We always say that the academic calendar moves quickly once we return from spring break. Well, it seems to be moving at lightning speed. I wanted to remind you of the following important deadlines:
- Remote Online Classes will begin on Wednesday, March 25. If you are having difficulty with wifi please contact me as soon as possible.
- Pre-registration for Fall 2020 semester has moved up. Pre-registration will take place on Wednesday, April 1. You should reach out to your faculty adviser(s) no later than March 31 to discuss courses and receive your PIN.
- Check emails regularly. Connecticut College will continue to update on COVID 19 and other pertinent campus information via emails.
- Centers and Hale Center for Professional Development continue to research summer internships. Stay in touch with your career adviser.
- Summer Science Research is still under discussion how to proceed, so stay tuned for more information.
- Fulbrights and Fellowships are still a great opportunity. Click here to review the deadlines for fellowships and other awards.
I will be available starting on Monday, March 23 for virtual meetings. You can sign up for appointments with me using this link. Once you sign-up, I will update your appointment to a Google Hangout session. At the time of your appointment, please go online and join the call. Please note that all appointments are Eastern Standard Time. If that doesn’t work for you due to time zone issues, email me to work something out.
Please remember, I am here to support you as best as I can. I always tell my students that I am an email away.
Wherever you are, I pray that you and your family members stay safe and healthy.