Mar. 25, 2020
DoC Message to Students - Resumption of Classes
This letter was also sent to faculty, staff, parents and guardians
As Dean of the College, I want say how much we miss all of you and our normal campus routine. We hope that you are staying healthy and coping the best you can with these challenging circumstances. We have been reaching out to many of you by virtual meetings and email to help you with your academic concerns. Each of your class deans (Dean Morash and Ann Schenk for first years; Dean Patton for sophomores, Dean Melendez for juniors and seniors) has written to you and is eager to support you with guidance and resources. Of course, I am always available as well (email@example.com). For general inquiries to the Office of the Dean of the College, you can write to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Pam Wrinn, our senior administrative assistant (email@example.com).
With classes resuming tomorrow in our new distance learning format, you may have questions about how the process will work and what to do about getting the academic support you need. The Office of the Registrar has been providing you with major updates and changes in our normal academic procedures. You should be aware of our new dates for Pre-Registration (April 1-3, for more info click Pre-Registration Info), a new deadline for Honor Theses (May 4th, 4pm), and most importantly, our new Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory option for all students and all courses this semester. I have attached the Office of the Registrar’s message sent earlier today for the exact details on this new option. Please read them carefully and let us know if you have questions.
Here are some more valuable links to help you:
Getting On to Webex and Finding Help with the Internet
- If you are unsure about how to access our distance learning platform, here are two valuable resources: this student support guide and WebEx guide for students.
- If you are having trouble with the internet or your Duo security login, please send an email message to HELP@conncoll.edu including your contact information and phone number.
Connecting to the Academic Resource Center (ARC)
- Click here to access the ARC website.
- Click here to access the online tutoring schedule for the rest of the spring semester.
- To make an appointment with the ARC or Writing center, please click here.
Connecting to the Roth Writing Center
- To make an appointment with a writing tutor, use this form.
- For general questions, write to the director Steven Shoemaker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connecting to the Hale Center for Career Development
- For virtual appointments, you can email your career adviser directly, if you are unsure who your adviser is or have a general question, send a message to email@example.com.
Connecting to the Office of Accessibility
- For help with accessibility and accommodation questions, please contact Melissa Shafner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connecting to the Office of Study Away
- Many of you may have questions about the changes that have occurred in our Spring Study away program. All of our students have ended their stays at our host programs and universities and are completing their work remotely. For Fall Study Away, we are still planning for students to attend their programs, but we are recommending that all sophomores who have been accepted to Fall programs pre-register for courses at Conn, as well as enter the Housing Lottery. For any questions about Study Away, please email the director Shirley Parson at email@example.com.
Connecting for Information about Pathways and Centers
- Click here and send a message to Dean Friedman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connecting for Information about Fellowships
- Click here and send a message to Melissa Ryan at email@example.com.
Let me say again in closing that all of us are ready to go into our virtual work. We know the next weeks will present some new challenges and possible obstacles. We are here to help. Reach out! Let us know what you need. We are committed to you all finishing strong!
Stay healthy and safe,
Dean of the College