Mar. 14, 2020
Message from the Dean of Students: Update on Packing Options, Transportation, Social Distancing
I have another update for you on two topics (packing options and transportation) and a reminder about one (social distancing):
Tristin Rabbitt is a Connecticut College senior and he runs a packing/moving company and is offering to bring his crew to campus to pack rooms for students who need assistance or can't get to campus. Please be in touch with him directly at 508-269-8442 or email@example.com. Remember to email firstname.lastname@example.org to authorize his company to access your room and belongings. His business can do the following:
- Pack belongings and leave them at Conn if you have registered to store your items at Conn (see FAQs)
- Pack and store items off-site at a storage facility
- Pack academic materials in one large flat rate box to be sent from Conn Post Office (Conn will pay for shipping)
- Pack and ship belongings to you via UPS or other shipper
The transportation office is trying to schedule the time of the shuttles to TF Green Airport (Providence) and JFK (New York) based on the time for people's flights. Please email the transportation office (email@example.com) and note the DAY and TIME of your flight.
For those of you who are coming back to campus I want to emphasize the importance of social distancing. Please remain at least 6 feet apart from other people and follow the guidance from the CDC.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds to avoid spreading any virus to others or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover coughs and sneezes in your elbow or sleeve, not your hand, to keep germs from spreading.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid sharing drinks, food, cigarettes or vaping products.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean high-touch areas such as doorknobs, railings, phones and computers as often as possible. Using cleaning products or soap and water will most likely kill the virus.
Several of you have also asked questions about the library. An email went out today from the Shain staff with information that addresses many of the questions I've received from students.
Wishing you well as you navigate through this situation. We are here to help and provide support. Many of you are replying to my emails with additional questions; Dean Cardwell and I are working on addressing the questions either directly or through these broader updates to everyone.
Dean of Students