Auditions in Fall 2018: October 8 and November 12.
We are excited to meet you and for you to experience dance here at Connecticut College! Our dance major auditions for high school seniors are held in the fall in the dance department, which is located in the College Center at Crozier-Williams.
Please call us at 860-439-2830 or email email@example.com to schedule an audition and to receive more information.
This is a sample of what prospective students can expect on our audition days:
- Dress for class. Students should wear fitted dance wear, ballet slippers, and also be prepared to dance barefoot.
- When you arrive, you will check in and you can warm up on your own in one of our beautiful, airy studios.
- Information session will be held by members of the faculty for students and their families in the Dance Lounge.
- The audition class consists of modern, West African and Afro-Caribbean phrases, a short improvisation and a ballet barre & center, so you can experience all we have to offer.
- The presentation of solo pieces. Please prepare a short piece, or part of a piece, 1 1/2-2 minutes long in any style you like to share with us. It can be either your own composition or someone else's choreography.
- Immediately following the showing of solos, the faculty will be available to answer any questions. We would also be happy to put you in touch with a current dance major to provide you with insights from a student perspective.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the dance department at 860-439-2830.
We look forward to meeting you!
Assoicate Professor of Dance