Connecticut College News
Hear from faculty, staff and fellow alumni during Reunion05/16/2012
June 1-3 is just around the corner. If you haven’t done so already, now is the time to register for Reunion 2012! This year, Reunion weekend will honor classes ending in 2 or 7, though all alumni are invited to attend. Reunion 2012 is a time to renew old friendships, find out what's happening at Connecticut College today and hear some of the College’s most engaging alumni and faculty talk about events shaping the world today.
Here’s a glimpse of just a few discussions scheduled throughout the weekend:
- “Shaping Identity through Media” with Sunil Bhatia, associate professor of human development. Explore the many ways children, youth and families interpret issues of gender, race and sexuality through what they see in the media.
- “Shock Media and Human Rights Awareness Campaigns” with Tristan Borer, professor of government and international relations, will explore strategies employed by media producers and human rights activists to overcome apathy.
- “Cyber Espionage” with Alex Lanstein ’07. Hear about Lanstein’s role in shutting down one of the world’s most prolific spammers, which, at its peak, generated more than 40 percent of spam on the Web. He will speak about a number of recent high-profile strikes such as the Stuxnet worm.
- “Are We Getting the Presidential Elections We Deserve?” with MaryAnne Borrelli, professor of government, will discuss what to expect with the upcoming presidential elections.
You'll also have plenty of time to relax with your friends and enjoy the beautiful campus. Some of the special class-specific festivities planned for Reunion include:
- A 50th Reunion cocktail reception with President Higdon.
- A 45th Reunion breakfast with Dean Roger Brooks.
- A 25th Reunion cocktail party and slideshow featuring photos of special Connecticut College moments.
- A 15th Reunion party in Buck Lodge.
- Taste of New London for the 5th and 10th Reunion classes.
To see the complete schedule, go to: http://www.conncoll.edu/mobile/docs/ReunionSchedule.pdf. Don’t miss out on the fun—register now!