NEW LONDON, Conn.--The Trinity College men´s tennis team (4-2, 1-1) earned a 9-0 victory against host Connecticut College (3-4,. 0-1) in a NESCAC match played on the South Tennis Courts in New London Wednesday afternoon.
Sophomore Anson McCook (Miami, Fla.) notched a 6-1, 6-1 victory at #1 singles to lead the visitors to the victory. Rich Bonfiglio (Bronxville, N.Y.) registered a 6-0, 6-0 victory at #2 singles for the Bantams, who are the 20th ranked team in the latest ITA Division III National Poll.
Connecticut College freshman George King (Concord, Mass.) kept it close in a competitive battle at #3 singles. King dropped the first set 7-5 but rallied with 6-4 victory to even the match before falling by a 10-8 final in the super tie-breaker.
Jeff Weisberger (Wayne, N.J.) played another tight contest for the Camels at #4 singles. Weisberger lost the first set 6-2 to open the match but responded with a 7-5 triumph in the second set before succumbing to his opponent in the super tie-breaker, 10-7.
Junior Trevor Prophet (Nashua, N.H.) and Weisberger fell just short in an 8-5 decision at #1 doubles.
3/31 Trinity College 9, Connecticut College 0
March 31, 2010 at New London, Conn.
1. Anson McCook (T) def. Trevor Prophet (CC) 6-1, 6-1
2. Rich Bonfiglio (T) def. Colin Tasi (CC) 6-0, 6-0
3. Dan Couzens (T) def. George King (CC) 7-5, 4-6 (10-8)
4. Adam Lanza (T) def. Jeff Weisberger (CC) 6-2, 5-7 (10-7)
5. David Dessau (T) def. Craig Stanton (CC) 6-4, 6-2
6. Ian Malakoff (T) def. Jeremy Bader (CC) 6-0, 6-2
1. Feldman/McCook (T) def. Prophet/Weisberger (CC) 8-5
2. Bonfiglio/Couzens (T) def. Tasi/Friedman (CC) 8-2
3. Charles McConnell/David Patrick (T) def. Stanton/King (CC) 8-3
March 31, 2010