NEW LONDON, Conn. -The Connecticut College Men´s Tennis Team won all three doubles points in an 8-1 victory against the Coast Guard Tuesday.
The Camels improved to 5-7 with their second straight win. The Bears evened their record at 9-9 with the setback.
Junior Trevor Prophet (Nashua, N.H.) and sophomore Jeff Weisberger (Wayne, N.J.) teamed up for an 8-4 win at number one doubles.
Prophet added a victory for the Camels at number one singles by winning the super tie-breaker, 10-7.
George King (Concord, Mass.) coasted to a 6-0, 6-1 win at number three singles. Weisberger, Craig Stanton (Warwick, R.I.) and Jacob Levin (Scarsdale, N.Y.) all contributed with singles victories in their respective slots at number four, number five and number six for Connecticut College.
Coast Guard sophomore Nick Martin (State College, Pa.) salvaged a point for the hosts with a 6-2, 6-1 victory at number two singles.
April 20, 2010
Connecticut College 8, Coast Guard 1
1. Trevor Prophet (CC) def. Greg Mitchell (CG) 6-3, 6-7 (10-7)
2. Nick Martin (CG) def. Colin Tasi (CC) 6-2, 6-1
3. George King (CC) def. Chris Pappe (CG) 6-0, 6-1
4. Jeff Weisberger (CC) def. Blake Maurer (CG) 6-3, 7-6
5. Craig Stanton (CC) def. Cody Isaacson (CG) 6-0, 6-2
6. Jacob Levin (CC) def. Matt Faha (CG) 6-3, 6-1
1. Prophet/Weisberger (CC) def. Mitchell/Pappe (CG) 8-4
2. King/Stanton (CC) def. Martin/Maurer (CG) 8-4
3. Tasi/Friedman (CC) def. Isaacson/Anthony Foss (CG) 8-3
April 21, 2010