Connecticut College 9, Springfield College 0
Prophet, Stanton Lead Camels to Home Win
NEW LONDON, Conn.--The Connecticut College men´s tennis team cruised to a 9-0 shutout victory against visiting Springfield College in a non-conference match played on the South Tennis Courts Tuesday.
The Camels (4-7) put an end to their five-game losing streak with the convincing win while the Pride (3-10) saw their two-game winning streak snapped in the blanking.
Junior co-captain Trevor Prophet (Nashua, N.H.) and sophomore Jeff Weisberger (Wayne, N.J.) paired up for an 8-2 win at number one doubles to set the tone for the hosts. Both Prophet and Weisberger earned straight set victories in singles action. Prophet collected a 6-2, 6-4 win at number one while Weisberger coasted to a 6-0, 6-1 triumph at four.
Sophomore Colin Tasi (Stowe, Vt.) and George King (Concord, Mass.) posted wins in their respective slots at #2 and #3 singles. Junior co-captain Craig Stanton (Warwick, R.I.) dominated with some strong net play in a 6-1, 6-0 victory at #5
Springfield College senior Kevin Leahy (Cheshire, Conn.) played the closest singles match for the visitors, falling 10-5 in a super tie-breaker to Jacob Levin (Scarsdale, N.Y) at number six.
4/13 Connecticut College 9, Springfield College 0
April 13, 2010 at New London, Conn.
1. Trevor Prophet (CC) def. Tim Tunis (S) 6-2, 6-4
2. Colin Tasi (CC) def. Trevor Romanzi (S) 6-2, 6-3
3. George King (CC) def. Benjamin Burnap (S) 6-3 7-6 (1)
4. Jeff Weisberger (CC) def. Zach O´Leary (S) 6-0, 6-1
5. Craig Stanton (CC) def. John Schrank (S) 6-1, 6-0
6. Jacob Levin (CC) def. Kevin Leahy (S) 7-6 (4), 3-6, 10-5
1. Prophet/Weisberger (CC) def. Tunis/Romanzi (S) 8-2
2. Stanton/King (CC) def. Burnap/Leahy (S) 8-5
3. Chris Hakasui/Henry Friedman (CC) def. O´Leary/Doug Nickerson 8-1
April 13, 2010