While most of the College's vehicles are assigned to specific offices, there are a few vehicles available in the motor pool for occasional use for College business.
- Vehicles are reserved on a "First come, First served" basis.
- Physical Plant does not loan vehicles for use in connection with social events nor to pick up department guests.
- Vehicles must be picked up by the driver and returned to the Physical Plant Service Building. We do not pick up vehicles left on campus.
- Driver must present his/her driver's license at the time of pick up, which will be copied for our files. Some vehicles require a Connecticut Class II license (Public Service).
- The rate for vehicle usage will be $50.00 or $.55 per mile, whichever is the greater amount.
- Physical Plant, in special instances, may be able to provide a driver; however, the requesting department will be billed for this service at the rate of $38.00/hr straight time or $57.00/hr overtime. (Overtime may require a minimum of four hours' pay.)
- The College reserves the right to refuse the use of any of its vehicles at any time at the College's discretion.
As soon as you know your needs, requests to use vehicles must be submitted via e-mail to Cathy.Pont@conncoll.edu. Be prepared to provide the following information:
- Department requesting vehicle
- Date and time for vehicle use (pick up and return)
- Reason for vehicle request
- Department head's signature
- Name of the authorizing faculty or staff
- Account number to charge mileage/ usage fees
270 Mohegan Avenue
New London, CT 06320