As the leadership group of parents at Connecticut College, the Parents Council works toward fostering a vibrant and informed parent community in support of the College's mission to educate students to put the liberal arts into action as citizens in a global society. Council members seek to engage parents in the life of the College and serve as ambassadors in their communities and as liaisons for parents of current students and alumni. Engaging parents and increasing support of the College is the primary focus of the Parents Council.
The Parents Council meets twice a year, once in the fall during Fall Weekend and once in the spring.
Ways in which Parents Council members serve the College:
- Take a leadership role in supporting the College by generating interest in and awareness of the Parents Fund. The Parents Fund, as part of the Connecticut College Fund, provides crucial unrestricted dollars that support every aspect of a Connecticut College education: financial aid, study abroad, athletic equipment, visiting scholars and countless programs and opportunities that define the Connecticut College student experience.
- Serve on one of the Parents Council Committees
- Career Preparation - Develop outreach mechanisms to educate parents as to ways they can become involved in preparing students for careers post-graduation through job shadowing, internships, career panels and distinguished parent speakers.
- Communications - Collaborate on ways to help the College effectively and efficiently communicate with parents.
- Programming - Develop regional and on-campus programs geared specifically for parents.
- Assist the Office of Admission by welcoming new families to the College and hosting regional receptions throughout the year.
Members of the 2015-16 Parents Council
Peter Skaperdas and Kathleen Auda P'17 - New Canaan, Conn.
Parents of Class of 2016 Students
James and Kristen Atwood - Dedham, Mass.
David and Jackie Blumberg - St. David's, Pa.
Bart and Gina Breakstone - New Canaan, Conn.
John and Tracy Flannery - London, United Kingdom
Costas and Dawn Flessas - Middleton, Mass.
Amine Jabali and Dina Kaloti - Await City, Kuwait
Kevin King and Meridee Moore - San Francisco, Calif.
John and Maryline Kulewicz - Columbus, Ohio
Jerry and Jenny Noonan - Boston, Mass.
Robert and Nora Radest - Summit, N.J.
George '82 and Carolyn Rogers - Gloucester, Mass.
David and Sarah Shapiro - Baltimore, Md.
Parents of Class of 2017 Students
Peter and Patricia Bishop - Wellesley, Mass.
Bruce and Beth Brier - Summit, N.J.
Jon and Joan Dodd - Wakefield, R.I.
Thomas and Jennifer Eddy - Ipswich, Mass.
Theodore and Hilary Giuliano - New York, N.Y.
Gerard and Laura Hall - Durham, N.C.
Philip and Ruth Maffa - Lexington, Mass.
Bob and Mary Ellen McMillan - Chapel Hill, N.C.
Roy Pottle and Dianne Pink - Wellesley, Mass.
Gordon '86 and Maureen '87 Rudd - Minneapolis, Minn.
Tom Sargent '82 and Allison Ijams '82 - Wellesley, Mass.
Parents of Class of 2018 Students
Bill '81 and Katie Barrack - Wellesley Hills, Mass.
Michael and Simone Branigan - Pacific Palisades, Calif.
R.J. and Barbra Bukovac - Winnetka, Ill.
Boris Elisman and Karen Hymes - Lake Forest, Ill.
Kevin and Nicole Kelly - Concord, Mass.
John and Elizabeth Linehan - Towson, Md.
Tom and Brooke Loughlin - Summit, N.J.
Byron and Nancy Pinckert - Long Beach, Calif.
Marc and Sheryl Stuart - Oakland, Calif.
Per and Elizabeth Suneby - Wellesley, Mass.
Mark and Deborah Yacos - Wyckoff, N.J.
Angelo '86 and Kirsten Deconti '86 Ziotas - New Canaan, Conn.
Parents of Class of 2019 Students
David and Sandi Abraham - Reading, Pa.
Bill and Skye Brewer - Greenwich, Conn.
David and Mary Stuart DeCamp - Washington, D.C.
Andrew and Karen '85 Fife - New York, N.Y.
Stephen Greene and Elaine Haemisegger - Germantown, Md.
Edward and Deborah Kasper - Lutherville Timonium, Md.
Brian and Robin Lynch - Wilton, Conn.
Dirk and Jennifer Miller - Wayzata, Minn.
William Parker and Susanne Beck - Boston, Mass.
John and Lisa Reagan - Oak Bluffs, Mass.
For further information about the Parents Council and the Parents Fund, please contact Lauren Middleton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-439-2406.