Today at Conn
An internal newsletter for the Connecticut College community
Printing Services During Winter Break
Please note that printing will be available via Copy Cats through the online ordering system during break, however they are closing early on the 23rd and 30th of December and are closed on the 24th and 31st of December so please plan accordingly. Our on campus print shop will be closed from 12/23-1/9 but the pick up area in Cro will remain open for any orders coming from Copy Cats.
Post Office Hours During Winter Break
Hillyer Package Pickup Location will close Friday December 17th @ 3pm for the Winter Break. It will open again in January 2022.
All packages will be picked up at Crozier Williams Post Office during the break. Crozier Williams Post Office Window Hours as follows:
Monday Dec 20th - Wednesday Dec 22nd 1pm - 2:30pm
Thursday Dec 23rd & Friday Dec 24th 10am - 1pm
Weeks of December 27th 2021 and January 7th 2022
Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays 10am - 1pm
Beginning Monday January 10th 2022 Crozier Window Hours Monday - Friday 1pm - 2:30pm.
thank you all and enjoy your time off
Dining Services Closing Schedule and Winter Break Hours
Jane Addams closes after lunch on Friday, December 17th and will reopen on Monday, January 24th.
The Oasis Snack Shop is closed from Monday, December 20th through Saturday, January 22nd. It will reopen on Sunday, January 23rd from 6 pm – 1 am.
Harris will close after breakfast on Wednesday, December 22nd and will reopen on Sunday, January 2nd under revised hours.
Monday – Friday - Jan 3 – 7, 10 -1 4, 17 – 21:
Breakfast 7 – 9:30 am / Lunch 11 am – 1:30 pm/ Dinner 4:30 – 7:30 pm
Saturday/Sunday - Jan 2, 8 & 9, 15 & 16:
Brunch 9 am – 1:30 pm / Dinner 4:30 – 7:30 pm
Full hours in Harris resume on Saturday, January 22nd.
All dining facilities resume normal hours of operation on Monday, January 24th.
Remember to check Camel Web for hours.
Fall Folio, an Online Journal of New Work by Creative Writing Students, Is Now Available
FALL FOLIO is a new literary journal showcasing work by students enrolled in the English Department's Creative Writing courses during summer/fall 2021. As the semester comes to a close, we invite you to take some time some time to enjoy the short stories, narrative nonfiction, poetry, flash fiction and lyric essays created by these talented writers.
FALL FOLIO 2021
Student Counseling Services and Student Health Services Closing for Winter Break
The Health Center, including Student Counseling Services and Student Health Services, will close for winter break on Monday, December 20th at 5:00 p.m. We will reopen on Monday, January 24th at 8:30 a.m. Make sure all prescriptions are picked up prior to leaving campus.
Break and After-Hours Health Care
In-person and telehealth visits may be accessed through Hartford Healthcare GoHealth located at 351 N. Frontage Road in New London. Walk-in appointments and virtual visits are available every weekday, from 8am-8pm, and weekends, from 9am-5pm. Online scheduling available. They are open 365 days and may be reached at (860) 865-0934.
Break and After-Hours Mental Health Care • On-campus students experiencing an emergency should call Campus Safety at (860) 439-2222. • Off-campus students experiencing an emergency should call their local emergency services at 911 or the appropriate emergency resource number for their location. All students needing assistance after-hours may reach an off-site licensed professional clinician who has partnered with us.
• You can reach the service by calling (860) 439-4587 and pressing option 2. If there is a long wait please call back and press option 3.
• This is a telephone-based mental health service that is available to all students in need of access to mental health support when Student Counseling Services is not open.
• This service provides students with access to an off-site counselor who will provide support at any time during the evening, weekend or break. All students needing assistance during or after-hours may reach an off-site licensed professional clinician who has partnered with us to receive urgent or on-going care:
• Download the free My SSP App, available on the App Store or Google Play • Through the app, you can call or chat with a Student Support Counselor 24/7 in real-time or schedule a telephone or video session that fits your schedule. My SSP provides support in the event of a personal crisis and also connects students with providers, offering both short and long-term counseling.
• You can browse a digital library of helpful articles and videos.
• Or, you can call them directly at (866) 743-7732 (If calling from outside North America, dial 001-416-380-6578).
• The services offered through this app are paid for by Connecticut College.