Today at Conn
An internal newsletter for the Connecticut College community
Festivus Feast in Harris
On Saturday 12/9 Harris Refectory will close at 3 pm to prepare for the Festivus Feast which will be held from 4:30 - 8 pm.
Student Counseling Services & Student Health Services Closing for Winter Break
The Health Center, including Student Counseling Services and Student Health Services, will close for winter break on Monday, December 18th at 5:00 p.m. We will reopen on Monday, January 22nd at 8:30 a.m. Make sure all prescriptions are picked up prior to leaving campus.
Break and After-Hours Health Care:
In-person and telehealth visits may be accessed through Hartford Healthcare GoHealth located at 351 N. Frontage Road in New London. Walk-in appointments and virtual visits are available every weekday, from 8am-8pm, and weekends, from 9am-5pm. Online scheduling available. They are open 365 days and may be reached at (860) 865-0934.
Break and After-Hours Mental Health Care:
- On-campus students experiencing an emergency should call Campus Safety at (860) 439-2222.
- Off-campus students experiencing an emergency should call their local emergency services at 911 or the appropriate emergency resource number for their location.
All students needing assistance during break may reach an off-site licensed professional clinician who has partnered with Student Counseling Services (SCS) through TELUS Health to provide urgent or on-going care:
- You may reach the service 24/7 by calling SCS at (860) 439-4587 and pressing option 2, or call them directly at (866) 743-7732 (from outside North America, dial 001-416-380-6578), or download the free TELUS Health App, available on the App Store or Google Play.
- Through the app, you can call or chat with a Student Support Counselor 24/7 in real-time or schedule a telephone or video session that fits your schedule.
- You can browse a digital library of helpful articles and videos.
- The services offered through this app are paid for by Connecticut College.
Introducing Camel Marketplace
The CamelWeb development team has just launched Camel Marketplace. Similar to Facebook Marketplace, this new service is available only to our campus community through CamelWeb and the CC Mobile App. There you can easily list items, services or ride shares. A special thanks to COM 306 Software Engineering students and others for helping us test this app!
Camels: Want to take over @ConnChronicles?
Share your best Camel life! Sign up to take over the popular @ConnChronicles Instagram account to share with the campus and with our prospective students. DM if you're interested!
DM us to take over!
STUDENTS - Join the CONN-tainers program!
Are you interested in taking your meal with you? Join the CONN-tainers program!
Information for students:
Step One: Signup for the CONN-tainer program at Harris and receive a container or carabiner immediately. You will be charged $10 if you fail to return the container.
Step Two: Package your food and enjoy!
Step Three: Return your container for another or choose to receive a carabiner.
Containers can be used and exchanged at Jane Addams and Harris Dining. Signup however is at Harris only.
Please empty food from the container and rinse lightly after use. We will wash, sanitize & dry the container.
You will be charged $10 if you fail to return the container. You will not be charged for wear & tear.
All other types of reusable food containers are prohibited in the dining halls due to state health regulations.