Bring a blanket or a chair and come out to the Dune to hear the Connecticut College Charles Shackford Student Composers Concert. Remember to remain masked and socially distant which is now 3' from your neighbor outside!Arts & Culture
Today at Conn
An internal newsletter for the Connecticut College community
Dining Locations Closing Schedule
Below is the closing schedule for the dining halls and Humphrey's.
Jane Addams will close after dinner on Friday, 5/14/21 The last Late Night at Humphrey's is Saturday, 5/15/21 The 1962 Room will close after lunch on 5/17/21 The last staff/faculty lunch in Humphrey's is Wednesday, 5/19/21
Harris will be the only dining hall open after lunch on Monday 5/17/21.
Beginning on Monday, 5/24/21, staff and faculty are welcome to dine in Harris. We are operating "cashless" and cannot accept credit cards in Harris. We are only able to accept Camel Cash, Dining Dollars and department charges as methods of payment.
Please check CamelWeb for hours of operation.
Student Counseling and Health Closing for Summer Break
The Health Center, including Student Health and Counseling Services, will close for summer break on Friday, May 21st at 5:00 p.m. and will re-open in mid-August. Make sure all prescriptions are picked up prior to leaving campus.
Break and After-Hours Health Care
In-person and telehealth visits may be accessed through Hartford Healthcare GoHealth located at 351 N. Frontage Road in New London. Walk-in appointments and virtual visits are available every weekday, from 8am-8pm, and weekends, from 9am-5pm. Online scheduling available. They are open 365 days and may be reached at (860) 865-0934.
Break and After-Hours Mental Health Care
• On-campus students experiencing an emergency should call Campus Safety at (860) 439-2222.
• Off-campus students experiencing an emergency should call their local emergency services at 911 or the appropriate emergency resource number for their location. All students needing assistance after-hours may reach an off-site licensed professional clinician who has partnered with us.
• You can reach the service by calling (860) 439-4587 and pressing option 2.
• This is a telephone-based mental health service that is available to all students in need of access to mental health support when Student Counseling Services is not open.
• This service provides students with access to an off-site counselor who will provide support at any time during the evening, weekend or break. All students needing assistance during or after-hours may reach an off-site licensed professional clinician who has partnered with us to receive urgent or on-going care:
• Download the free My SSP App, available on the App Store or Google Play
• Through the app, you can call or chat with a Student Support Counselor 24/7 in real-time or schedule a telephone or video session that fits your schedule. My SSP provides support in the event of a personal crisis and also connects students with providers, offering both short and long-term counseling.
• You can browse a digital library of helpful articles and videos.
• Or, you can call them directly at (866) 743-7732 (If calling from outside North America, dial 001-416-380-6578).
• The services offered through this app are paid for by Connecticut College.
Additional Window Hours at the Crozier Williams Post Office for Move Out
The Crozier-Williams Campus Post Office will have additional hours Monday - Friday, May 10-14 and again Monday - Wednesday, May 17-19 to help with sending packages and mail for move out. Thank you!
If you are interested, please meet on the ground in front of the service building (just to the west of the south end of South Lot) and we will take a group up every 15 minutes.
Apply to be a Walter Commons Fellow
Join the Walter Commons team. Walter Commons Fellows are committed to global study and engagement and act as ambassadors of the Walter Commons.
Apply to be a Sustainability Fellow!
Are you interested in working in a team to make sustainable change on campus? Starting next year we are changing the structure of our Fellows program to be more inclusive to the entire Conn community. We have more Sustainability Fellow positions available and more teams will be formed, each focused on specific projects.
New Summer 2021 courses!
Connecticut College announces the Summer 2021 Summer Session! Students will have the opportunity to explore new subjects they’ve been curious about or to enhance their majors through an intensive, five-week summer session this summer.
Students may enroll in up to six credits in the summer session. Courses will cost $3250 for 4-credit and $2000 for 2-credit courses, and financial aid will be available. Students must submit requests for financial aid by April 9, and notification of the amount of the award will be provided by April 16, before registration, which opens April 28.
Over 30 courses will all be offered from many departments, Courses will be offered remotely from June 1-July 2 and will be held synchronously, so please review the course schedules carefully before registering. Courses must have a minimum of 10 students to be held, so we encourage students to register as soon as possible.
With many summer internships and research opportunities suspended due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this summer session is a valuable chance for students to complement their regular academic schedules and complete semester-long courses in five weeks, taught by Connecticut College faculty.