We are excited to announce that the Office of Career and Professional Development relocation project will officially begin on Monday, April 8. Construction will continue through mid-August, concluding in time for the return of students to campus in late August.
In addition to relocating the career office to a modern and vibrant space in the heart of the campus, the project will include the construction of four new classrooms, an elevator, a lactation room, and accessible restrooms including a gender-neutral restroom. New Haven-based Babbidge Construction (the firm that built the Walter Commons) will perform the work.
Please note that Fanning Hall will remain open and accessible via the north (New London Hall side) entrance during construction. The south side of the building will be reserved for construction access and emergency egress only. Work will be scheduled to minimize the disruption to those who work in Fanning Hall.
The following additional changes have or will be made in preparation for this project: - The Accounting Office has moved to Nichols House.
- Campus Safety has moved to the Service Building.
- Institutional Research will temporarily move to the Registrar’s Office.
- Fanning mailboxes will temporarily be moved to Room 210.
- Fencing will be placed outside the building to allow for removal and delivery of materials during construction.
- Curbside parking spaces near Fanning will be unavailable during construction, from April through August.
- During the month of April, temporary walls will be erected on the first floor and they will remain for the duration of construction. Signs will be posted with safety instructions.
- Work on the elevator affecting the second, third and fourth floors, will begin after Commencement.
- Work on the roof of Fanning will begin after Reunion in June.
Please visit the Campus Master Plan website for more information. We will provide further updates as the project progresses, but please feel free to reach out to us directly with any questions you may have.
Vice President for Finance and Administration
Associate Vice President for Facilities Management and Campus Planning