#9 Amherst College 8, Connecticut College 1
King/Stanton Notch 9-7 Win at Second Doubles for Camels
AMHERST, Mass.--The ninth ranked Amherst College men´s tennis team cruised to an 8-1 victory against visiting Connecticut College in a NESCAC match played in Western Massachusetts Thursday.
With the win, Amherst improved its record to 16-7 and is a 2-o in league play. The Camels fall to 3-6 and are 0-3 in the NESCAC.
The Lord Jeffs earned straight set wins in each of the six singles pairings Thursday. Freshman Mark Kahan (Unionville, Conn.) collected a 6-1, 6-0 victory at first singles to pace the hosts. Connecticut College freshman George King (Concord, Mass.) and junior Craig Stanton (Warwick, R.I.) gutted out a 9-7 victory at second doubles.
Amherst College 8, Connecticut College 1
1. Mark Kahan (A) def. Trevor Prophet (CC) 6-1, 6-0
2. Moritz Koenig (A) def. Colin Tasi (CC) 6-1, 6-0
3. Priit Gross (A) def. George King (CC) 6-3, 6-3
4. Alex Kim (A) def. Jeff Weisberger (CC) 7-5, 6-3
5. Dan Gonzalez (A) def. Craig Stanton (CC) 6-4, 6-4
6. Scott London (A) def. Marshall Collins (CC) 6-0, 6-0
1. Priit Gross/Moritz Koenig (A) def. Prophet/Weisberger (CC), 8-5
2. King/Stanton (CC) def. London/Max Gumport (A), 9-7
3. Gonzalez/Alex Gumport (A) def. Henry Friedman/Jacob Levin (CC), 8-3
April 8, 2010