Connecticut College 5, Wesleyan University 2
Prophet Leads Camels to Third Straight Win
NEW LONDON, Conn.--The Connecticut College men´s tennis team earned a 5-2 victory against visiting Wesleyan University in a match that was moved indoors to Luce Field House Thursday.
The Camels improve to 6-7 with their third straight win while the Cardinals even their mark at 9-9 in the loss.
Junior co-captain Trevor Prophet (Nashua, N.H.) paved the way to the victory for the hosts. Prophet and Jeff Weisberger (Wayne, N.J.) paired up in a 9-8 victory at number one doubles. At number one singles, Prophet rallied for a 6-7, 6-2, 6-4 victory.
George King (Concord, Mass.) notched a 6-4, 7-5 win at #3 singles and Weisberger coasted to a 6-4, 6-0 triumph at number four.
Wesleyan University sophomore Michael Piderit (New York, N.Y.) posted a 6-2, 6-2 victory at number two singles for the visitors.
The match was played to a decision.
4/13 Connecticut College 5, Wesleyan University 2
April 22, 2010 at New London, Conn.
1. Trevor Prophet (CC) def. Jeff Legunn (W) 6-7, 6-2, 6-4
2. Michael Piderit (W) def. Colin Tasi (CC) 6-2, 6-2
3. George King (CC) def. Alex Hirsch (W) 6-4, 7-5
4. Jeff Weisberger (CC) def. Ravy Uong (W) 6-4, 6-0
5. Donald Kleckner (W) versus Donald Kleckner (W) 6-5, did not finish
6. Jacob Levin (CC) versus Michael Glen (W) 0-0, did not finish
1. Prophet/Weisberger (CC) def. Piderit/Uong (W) 9-8
2. Stanton/King (CC) def. Hirsch/Kleckman (W) 8-6
3. Legunn/Glen (W) def. Chris Hakasui/Henry Friedman (CC) 8-4
April 22, 2010